CAD software comes with default background color of black in Model space and white color in Layout space, but we can modify the color with just a few clicks.
How to change the background color in Model space
- To customize the background color, we’ll need to open the “Options” dialog box, shown as below,
To open it, we can either enter “OP” and then press Enter key or right-click the drawing area and select “Options”, shown as below,
2. When the “Options” dialog box is open, switch to the “Display” tab, and click “Colors” button to pop up the “Drawing Window Colors”, shown as below,
3. As we can see in the dialog box, the default color is black, to change it to yellow, just select Yellow from the Color list, shown as below,
If you haven’t found your preferred color, just click the “Select Color” option to enable more colors,
4. After you select the color, click ”Apply & Close” ,
How to change the background color of layout ?
In a layout, you can change either the Uniform background color or the Paper background color.
- To customize the background color of layout, we’ll also need to open the “Drawing Window Colors”, but this time we need to select “Paper Layout” under Context, as shown below,
2. As we can see in the above picture, the default color for Uniform background is white, we can select the color you prefer in the drop down menu Color. In my case I am selecting Yellow, then click “Apply & Close” button, voila, now it’s yellow,
3. To change the Paper background, just select “Paper background” under “Interface element”, as shown below, then select your preferred color in the Color menu,
4. In my case, I am selecting Blue, then click “Apply & Close”, the Paper background is blue now,
Want to go back ? Just Restore !
You can always go back to the default color by clicking the following button, depending on what you want to restore,