When drawing with CAD, we will need to use the command of drawing tools. Good command of CAD drawing tools and shortcut keys will help improve our working efficiency. Let’s explore more about how to use those commands.
1.The first command we are going to talk is LINE command, the keyboard shortcut is L, as shown in the following picture.
2. XLINE command, the keyboard shortcut is XL, it’s also called Ray since it has no endpoint on its two sides, as shown in the following picture.
First, we need to specify a point and then specify through point.
3. To draw polyline with PLINE command, the keyboard shortcut is PL, it’s pretty much like a zigzag line.
4. Polygon, the keyboard shortcut is POL. Enter POL, press Enter and enter the number of sides. For example, if we need to create a hexagon, first enter POL and press Enter to execute the command, and when prompted to specify the number of sides, just enter 6 and press Enter, and then specify the center of polygon and press Enter, and then move your cursor to specify radius of circle. Finally, we get a hexagon as shown in the following picture.
5. Rectangle, the keyboard shortcut is REC. Enter REC, press Enter, specify two corner points of the rectangle and we get a rectangle as shown in the following picture.
6. Arc, keyboard shortcut is A.
Enter A, press Enter to execute the command, and then we need to specify three points: a start point, second point, and endpoint of the arc.
7. Circle, the keyboard shortcut is C.
Enter circle, press Enter and specify center point and radius for the circle.
The above are the very basics of drawing tools and have a good command of them will greatly improve our efficiency.