New feature in GstarCAD 2021: PLANESURF
The Planesurf command is used to create a planar surface by selecting closed objects or specifying the opposite corners of a rectangular surface.
How to access the Planesurf command
- When using 2D Drafting workspace,
Surface > Plan, as shown in the following picture,
2. When using GstarCAD Classic workspace,
Draw > Modeling > Surfaces > Planar, as shown in the following picture,
3. Enter PLANESURF, as shown in the following picture,
A step-by-step tutorial
- When we want to create a planar surface through this command by selecting closed objects, we need to select the Object option when we get the following prompt,
After selecting an closed object, we will get the following,
2. When we create a planar surface by specifying the opposite corners of a rectangular surface, we then are prompted to specify first corner and then the other corner, as shown in the following picture,
Voila, we have created a planar surface through the command and the surface is parallel to the work plane.
To control the number of lines displayed on the surface, we can use SURFU and SURFV system variables.
Leave a Reply