The Offset command is used to create concentric circles, parallel lines and parallel curves.
How to access the Offset command
- When using 2D Drafting workspace,
Home tab > Modify Panel > Offset, as shown in the following picture,
2. When using GstarCAD Classic workspace,
Modify > Offset, as shown in the following picture,
3. Enter “OFFSET”, as shown in the following picture,
A step-by-step tutorial
After executing the Offset command, we’ll get the following prompt,
* Specify offset distance
By specifying offset distance, we’ll create an object at a specified distance from an selected object.
Take the following arc as an example,
When we are prompted to specify offset distance after executing the OFFSET command, enter 60, as shown in the following picture,
Then we are prompted to select object to offset,
As soon as we select the arc, we get the following picture,
* Through: Create an object through specified point.
If we choose Through to offset the arc, we’ll prompted to select object to offset, as shown in the following picture,
Then specify through point,
* Erase: Erase source object after offsetting
* Layer: decides whether the offset object is created on the current layer or on the layer of the source object.