GstarCAD 2021 has added a series of useful 3D commands, we are going to start with the Polysolid command, which is used to create 3D solid in a shape of a wall directly or by selecting existing polylines.
How to access Polysolid command
- When using GstarCAD Classic work space:
Draw > Modeling > Polysolid, as shown in the following picture,
2. When using 2D Drafting workspace:
3D > Modeling > Polysolid, as shown in the following picture,
3. Enter POLYSOLID, then press enter key, as shown in the following picture,
A beginner step-by-step tutorial
- We can create 3D solid from an existing polylines. Take the following polylines as an example, we now have two identical polyline objects, to make contrast comparison, we are going to change one of them to 3D solid using Polysolid command and the other will remain unchanged.
Execute the Polysolid command, then we get the following prompt,
Enter O or Object, then we are prompted to select object, as shown in the following picture,
After we select an object and press Enter key, the object immediately changes, now switch to 3D view, we can clearly see the difference, as shown in the following picture,
2. We can also create 3D solid in a shape of a wall directly in the same way that we draw Polyline, which uses continuous straight and curved segments.
Execute the Polysolid command, when we get the following prompts, press enter key to specify start point,
After specifying start point, we are prompted to specify next point and then next point, as shown in the following picture,