How AUTOLAYER works?
The AUTOLAYER predefines the association between object type and the layer that should be created in a drawing.
The CAD system automatically switches to the current layer while drawing the graphics and draws the graphics on the set layer. If the specified layer doesn’t exist, the CAD system will automatically create this layer based on the settings.
How to access the AUTOLAYER?
- Enter AUTOLAYER, as shown in the following picture, then press Enter key,
2. Find the “Enable Autolayer” icon at the bottom of GstarCAD, as shown in the following picture,
Introduction to the Autolayer dialog box
The following picture shows the Autolayer dialog box,
* The Autolayer list displays the command name and the corresponding automatic layer settings.
* The first icon at the top left corner, as shown in the following picture,
creates a layer setting including the command name and the corresponding layer settings.
* The second icon at the top left corner, as shown in the following picture,
deletes one or more selected Autolayer settings.
* After checking the “Enable Autolayer” at the top right corner of the dialog box, the CAD system will automatically assign the layer based on the settings when drawing; if it remains unchecked, it won’t work.
* The “Save Settings” saves your current settings into a text file.
* The “Load Settings” will open the “Load Autolayer Settings” and in this dialog box, users can load and read previously saved setting file by the user.
* The “Clear Settings” clears all current auto layer settings.
Please note that the current settings only work for the drawing being currently edited.
Check the video about Autolayer