If you ever have received a set of DWG files from a client and want to clean up the layers according to my drawing standards, how do I do it and not take days or having to write code?
The solution is quite
You can access to Layer Translator from by type in LAYTRANS command or by menu> Format> Layer Tools> Layer Translator.
For example, you can map and translate same layer name as shown below:
With the layer translator settings, you can setup layer properties to be translated into the assigned layer of your drawing standards that you need.
- Force Object Color to BYLAYER: Specifies whether or not every object translated takes on the color assigned to its layer.
- Force Object Linetype to BYLAYER: Specifies whether or not every object translated takes on the linetype assigned to its layer.
- Translate Objects in Blocks: Specifies whether or not objects nested within blocks are translated.
- Write Transaction Log: Specifies whether or not a log file detailing the results of translation is created. If this option is selected, a log file is created in the same folder as the translated drawing. The log file is assigned the same name as the translated drawing, with a .log file name extension.
- Show Layer Contents When Selected: Specifies which layers to display in the drawing area.
When you are done you will be promoted to save the mapping data to use again in a .DWS (Drawing Standards) file.