What is a construction line and how to access the XLINE command?
Construction lines or xlines are lines of infinite length that can be created using XLINE command, the following are three ways to access XLINE command:
* When using 2D Drafting workspace, find Home > Draw > XLINE,
* When using GstarCAD Classic workspace, find Draw > Construction Line,
* Enter “XL” or “XLINE” in the command line, and press Enter key,
Different types of Construction line and how to draw them
When XLINE command is executed, we get the following prompt and we can choose the type of construction line we want to create.
1.Hor: Create a horizontal xline
A horizontal line is parallel to the X axis and passes thought a specified point.
When we have executed XLINE command, just Enter H, and press Enter key,
Then we need to specify through point
2. Ver: Create a vertical xline
A vertical xline is parallel to the Y axis and passes through a specified point.
When we have executed XLINE command, just Enter V, and press Enter key,
Then we need to specify through point,
3. Ang: Create an xline at a specified angle
We can create an xline at a specified angle, which is neither horizontal nor vertical.
There are two ways to specify the angle:
A: specifies the angle at which to place the line.
B: Specifies the angle from a selected reference line
4. Bisect: Create an xline that passes through the selected angle vertex and bisects the angle between the first and second line.
5. Offset: Create an xline parallel to an object
There are two ways to create the parallel xline
A: By specifying the distance the xline is offset from the selected object
Let’s say we want to create an xline pararllel to the following line,
B: By specifying a point that the xline passes through