How to create dimensions？
Dimension is an important part in CAD drawings and there are many different types of dimension like Angular Dimension, Radius Dimension, Diameter Dimension, Linear Dimension, Aligned Dimension, just to name a few. In this post, we will introduce some commonly-used dimensions.
* Linear Dimension
Linear Dimension is most commonly used in architectural and mechanical drawings to create dimensions in the horizontal and vertical direction.
1.The first step to create a Linear Dimension is to select the Linear, as shown in the following picture.
2. Specify point 1 and point 2 as the start point and end point of the Linear Dimension.
3. Move the cursor, and then put the dimension somewhere suitable to complete Linear Dimension in the horizontal direction.
4. Click the Linear Dimension again, using the same method to specify point 3 and 4, as shown in the following picture.
5. Move the cursor to place the dimension properly to complete the Linear Dimension in the vertical direction.
* Aligned Dimension
Aligned Dimension works the same ways as Linear Dimension except that it measures straight lines that are the angle to the UCS. In the Aligned Dimension, the dimension line is parallel to the line passing through the extension line origins. The aligned dimension is also parallel to the objects you specify. The system creates the extension lines automatically.
1.Select “Aligned” as shown in the following picture.
2. Specify the start point and end point of the Aligned Dimension —- point 5 and point 6, as shown in the following picture.
3. Move the dimension to a proper place to finish this Aligned Dimension.
* Angular Dimension
As its name suggests, Angular Dimension is used to dimension angles.
1.Select “Angular” as shown in the following picture.
2. Select the object —line 1 and line 2, as shown in the following picture.
3. As the cursor moves, the Angular Dimension also changes. Move the cursor to a proper place and click to complete creating Angular Dimension.
* Radius Dimension
Radius Dimension is used to create a Radius Dimension for circles or arcs to measure their radius.
1.Select “Radius”, as shown in the following picture.
2. Select the arc as shown in the following picture.
3. Move the cursor to place the Radius Dimension in a proper place.
CAD system offers many different types of dimension, which are very easy to use and similar to each other, as shown in the following picture. We just introduced some commonly used ones, why don’t you try more?
Leave a Reply