How to create point objects?
Point objects can be used as nodes or reference geometry for object snaps and relative offsets. We can create a single point objects, multiple point objects and more.
Create a Point Object
* To create a point object, we’ll need POINT command, just enter PO/POINT, shown as below,
* Another way is to find Draw > Point when using GstarCAD Classic workspace, shown as below,
Then when you’re prompted to specify the point location, just click on the drawing area. You can snap to a point using the Node object snap.
Create Multiple Point Objects
Creating multiple points is pretty much the same as creating a single point, except that you’ll prompted to continuously specify the points.
* To create multiple point objects, we can Enter POINT command, then select the Multiple option when prompted,
* Another way is to find Home tab > Draw > Multiple Points when using 2D Drafting workspace,
Set Point Style and Size
Before we create point objects, we’ll need to set point style and size for the points that we are going to create.
* Find Format > Point Style, shown as below,
Or enter DDPTYPE,
Press Enter key to pop up the following Point Style dialog box, there are 20 point styles to choose from and we can also specify a size, either relative to the screen or in absolute units.
Create points along an object
Divide: Create evenly spaced point objects or blocks along the length or perimeter of an object
Measure: Create point objects or blocks at measured intervals along the length or perimeter of an object
Leave a Reply